Learn how to immediately begin building long-lasting productive relationships with team members.
- When I was promoted into management, I was thrilled.…I figured everyone else would be excited as well,…especially the people I was managing.…That's not what happened.…If I had another chance,…here's what I would've done differently.…I would've taken time to get to know my team.…Like many of you, when I was first promoted,…I felt completely overwhelmed.…I went into survival mode, which for me meant…making to do lists and crossing items off this list.…
What I should've done was spend time with my people…so I could learn more about their abilities and their goals.…I also would've spent time building trust.…Have you ever worked for someone…with whom you didn't have high levels of trust?…If so, then you know there's really not much…in terms of commitment when this person…asks you to do something.…If I could do things over again,…I would've jumped in the trenches with my people.…This would've helped them to see…that I wasn't going to ask them to do…anything I wasn't willing to do myself,…and while in the trenches,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp