While you may have established good communication channels and processes, you need to disseminate content through those channels. Be rigorous about identifying and sharing stories, "culture moments," and events that reinforce both the culture and the resultant performance that comes from it. A steady stream of content your associates find interesting will keep culture and performance top of mind.
- While you may have good communication…channels and processes,…you need to disseminate content through those channels.…Be rigorous about identifying and sharing stories.…These culture moments and events…reinforce both the culture and the result…and performance that comes from it.…Remember, this is about building a high-performing culture.…You need the high-performing part, too.…Help people see the linkage…between the culture and performance,…and to the extent you can encapsulate…that in a small story or a culture moment,…the easier it will be for people to understand and remember.…
A steady stream of content your associates find interesting…will keep culture and performance top of mind.…But you have to commit to the content.…The difference between a great blog…and a waste of time is that it's consistent,…authentic, informative, and entertaining.…Sporadic posting, posts filled with jargon…and corporate speak and buzzwords,…and dry or dated content will be the death of that channel.…
Keep it real, stay committed to it.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.