Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Having a backup plan, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, you don't want anything to…go wrong with your presentation.…And if you think about what's most likely to go wrong,…it's probably going to be technical failure…if you're using PowerPoint.…So what I like to do is I like to bring…a spare everything, so that I know I'm bomb-proof,…I don't have to worry.…And I have discovered over the years…it's amazing how unreliable equipment can be.…Often somebody else is organizing a conference…and they say don't worry, just email it all…through to us, it'll be fine.…And then when you get there you find…they've got a different version of the software…or they've had some terrible problem with their projector…or something like that.…
So I like to bring a spare everything just in case.…I bring my own laptop.…I probably won't need it, but I've got it just in case.…And I like to bring my own projector as well, just in case.…And even a spare cable for connecting the two,…because sometimes there's a problem…with the cable that they've got.…It doesn't cost much just to bring that in your bag.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.