Discover two tips to help you prepare for the Q&A portion of your speech or presentation. Also find out about two tips to keep in mind during your Q&A session.
- My favorite part of any presentation is usually Q&A,…the question and answer portion of the program.…As either an audience member or as a speaker,…I like Q&A because I get to hear different voices…and perspectives.…Done well, the Q&A period is an interactive…and lively part of the program.…If you're planning a question and answer portion…of your presentation, keep these two tips in mind.…One, start by letting your audience know…how you'll handle your Q&A.…
For many small boardroom or classroom-style presentations,…you might tell your audience to jump in…and ask questions at any time.…For larger and more formal presentations,…your audience is better served when you tell them…you'll answer their questions near the end.…By announcing you'll have a Q&A near the end,…you'll almost ensure the audience will think of…great questions to ask you.…Second, hold your Q&A session near the end,…but not at the end.…
You never want to close your presentation with a Q&A.…Instead, tell your audience you have one final thought…to leave them with.…
- Describe the components of a great presentation.
- Identify your audience.
- Explain the main objective in a persuasive presentation.
- List basic vocal warm-up tips.
- Manage pre-performance anxiety.
- Identify effective ways to introduce your agenda.
- Describe common opening mistakes.
- Demonstrate effective body language.
- Identify indicators of helpful feedback.