Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Going beyond small steps, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, there's one very easy rule…that you can use in the trading phase.…We've just talked about trading…and using the words if you did this, then I could do that.…That's quite tricky.…There's a much easier thing you can do at the same time,…which is always move in small steps,…so when you do trade, only give a small amount away.…And when I run courses and we do…role play exercises and things,…it's fascinating that the biggest mistake that people make…is almost always they give away too much.…They give away 25% of the price the first time they concede.…
So they're asking for let's say 4,000 pounds or whatever…and they go, well how about three?…And what they should do is go from four…to something like 3,820…or some sort of non-round number…that's only a small drop.…The reason why you should move in small amounts…is partly, of course, you're giving away…less money if you do that, but also…you're signaling that there's not much more to go.…Whereas if you move in a big jump,…you're saying and there's still loads more to go,…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.