Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Gaining confidence, part of Management: Top Tips.
- I read somewhere that giving a presentation…is one of the most feared things.…In fact, I saw a list it came even higher than death on…the list of things that people spend time worrying about.…And what can you do to be more confident?…Well, a lot of it's about the self talk in your head.…If you're saying to yourself oh no, I'm dreading that talk,…oh it's going to be awful, I just know it's going to go wrong,…then it's much more likely to go wrong…because your programming your subconscious…to make it go wrong when you get there.…Never say things like I always forget everything…just before I start to talk,…or I always panic when I'm in front of an audience.…
Never say I always or I can't help doing something.…What you must do is give yourself positive self talk.…You must say the talks going to be fine,…I love giving talks, it's not going to be problem.…And if you say positive things like…the talk's going to be great, I know it's a lie to start with,…but it will become true.…And after a while you'll be able to easily…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.