Learn the four practices that distinguish great managers from those who are average at best.
- There's good, and then, there's great.…We all want to be great, right?…In my writings on leadership and work with top executives,…I find that truly great leaders are other-focused,…and draw in top talent.…But how do you do that?…Here are some of the practices…that distinguish great managers from those…who are average at best.…
And notice that they all have to do…with how you relate to other people.…Great managers put the needs of others…in front of their own needs.…Here's an example of how you can apply this idea.…Let's say the company is discussing new office space.…Your boss comes to you and is excited…because he's able to offer you an office with windows.…You're grateful, however you'd much prefer…to give this office to a few of your people…so they can enjoy the sunlight.…
You tell your boss you'd like to do this.…Let me elaborate further.…I recently had a meeting with my client…who is an executive director of a nonprofit,…who is featured in my book.…As a consultant, I'm usually the one…who is extending myself.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader