- There are two underlying qualities that you will need…if you're going to be effective in your use of time.…And these two personal qualities…are assertiveness and self-discipline.…If you think about it all of your time wasters…are going to come from either other people…using up your time in which case maybe…you weren't assert enough, or they're going to come from you…wasting your own time…because you weren't self-disciplined enough.…So all time wasters in the end come down…to a lack of either assertiveness or self-discipline.…
So then the question is how can you be more assertive…and how can be more self-disciplined?…Where do these things come from?…And the answer is they come from having clear…personal goals or in many cases not having…clear personal goals.…So if you've got clear personal goals they will help you…to focus and be more self-disciplined…but also to be more assertive with other people…when it comes to your time being wasted…and that's why in the next section…we're going to look at personal goals.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.