Work is a team sport. Learn to leverage the team dynamic to boost performance. Plus, find out why time spent bonding and discussing everyone's roles is never wasted.
- Work is a team sport.…Your goal as a manager is to get employees…to perform as a championship team.…One way to do that is to constantly reinforce…your team's goals.…So how do you do that?…Well, start by establishing a set of team commitments,…agreements, or rules.…I placed an example of such in the Exercise Files.…I suggest you download it now and get a head start.…To give you some more ideas,…team rules can cover everything from communication…and conflict resolution to recognition and more.…
Beyond team rules, you can help build team cohesiveness…by doing things together as a team…from early morning huddles to going to lunch together…to an evening doing an escape room adventure.…It's also fun to have friendly competitions…against other teams as it gives an opportunity…to stay focused while getting to know each other better.…Here's an exercise you can try to help team members…better support each other's performance.…You begin by having the first team member…talk about the three most important things…they do everyday.…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Determine the most efficient processes to use when selecting a new hire.
- Apply knowledge gathered from employee feedback to enhance overall efficiency.
- Identify an example of an appropriate workspace.
- Define “emotional quotient” and explain how it relates to employee performance.
- Recall effective strategies for addressing poor employee performance.
- List three benefits of using performance management tools.