Learn the five steps you can take to secure your next position.
- I'm a big advocate of looking ahead in your career,…but not at the expense of your current job.…One of the best things you can do…to secure future advancement is to do stellar work…in your current role.…Otherwise, you won't have to worry about a promotion.…Here are some steps you can take while in place…that will position you nicely for your next move.…Do great work.…I know, that may sound like common sense,…but lots of people do good work or kind of good work,…and don't really give much thought…as to how they can do great work…that will get them noticed.…
Look at ways to take your work to the next level.…For example, suppose your boss asks you…to do research on a customer he's pursuing.…In doing so, you come across information…that he didn't ask you to consider.…However, you believe this information…will help him win this new client.…You go one step further, and you include…this research in your report,…along with your reasoning for doing so.…
He lands the account, and gives you credit for doing so.…Now that's what I call great work.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader