Effective change agents answer five questions in all messaging: What is new? What does this change mean for my day to day? Is it worth it? How will I know I'm doing ok? How much support can I count on to get through this?
- Later that day Tatiana kicked off the meeting…where she discussed the upcoming changes.…Watch how she addresses the most pressing questions…people have in times of change.…What's new?…Why change?…What does it mean for me?…How will I know I'm doing okay?…And what kind of support can I count on?…- Good afternoon everyone.…Thanks for being here, hope you're having a good week.…As you saw in the email that I sent out,…I'd like to talk a little bit about…the new performance management system.…
We need to change the one we have,…we need to change it because we need to…speed up our response time for customers,…we need to be able to retain our customers,…and in order to do that we will need to collaborate…a lot more, and a performance management system…that changes is going to help us to do that.…Now, in order for us to collaborate more,…that means we're going to need to share accounts.…So when we share accounts, we're going to share…each other's expertise.…John, for example, you may need Kim's expertise,…and Lauren, you may need to ask for help from Carlos…
Tatiana and Brenda begin by reviewing success stories and survey data that emphasize why communication in times of change is so crucial. Next, they explain how to strategize communication efforts, craft the change communication message, and answer common questions that people may have when grappling with change. To wrap up, they discuss how to manage difficult questions, emphasize with others, and overcome resistance.
- Why communication in times of change matters
- Strategizing your communication efforts
- Crafting the change communication message
- Five questions people have in times of change
- Managing difficult questions
- Empathizing with others
- Overcoming resistance