Learn how developing your emotional intelligence can help you to find your flow at work, boosting performance and enhancing your enjoyment at work.
- Have you ever felt so absorbed in an activity…that time passes without you even noticing?…Maybe you became really engrossed in playing a sport,…or you've got laser focus when you're working…on a particular task like creating new products,…or processes, or writing articles.…Perhaps there are parts of your work that you get…so absorbed in hours pass and you don't even notice.…When we talk about developing emotional intelligence,…often we focus on what you need to develop…to get better at how you manage your emotions…and how you interact with others.…
There are, however, many positive aspects…associated with developing emotional intelligence.…And one of these is finding, what we call, your flow.…Firstly, what exactly is flow?…The best way to describe it is being in the zone.…It's the practice of taking part in an activity…that requires focus, and distractions just fade…into the background.…Activities that give you that sense…of flow will stretch you,…and they'll be activities you enjoy so much…that time stands still.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact