Discover your strengths. Learn how to identify what you do best and make your strengths align with the work you do.
- In the career sense, are you meant to do what you're doing? Are you spending your time on what makes you unique? Getting a job does not make you valuable. You also need to get better and better at providing value in what makes you strong, different, and special. Your ability to match your strengths with you day-to-day work will have a big impact on your quality of life and career success. When you focus on what you do best, you'll grow more quickly than trying to improve upon your weaknesses.
But how do you truly know what your strengths are, let alone how to improve upon them in the workplace? This course will guide you through a path of self-discovery. We'll take you through a process of understanding what you are naturally gifted at doing, where your deepest interests lie, and the skills you've acquired over time. We'll also explore how you can enlist the help of a friend or two in your journey of self-assessment. We'll explore methods you can use to build upon those strengths to increase your marketplace value.
Then we'll work on matching the job responsibilities that you have, or would like to have, to those strengths. In today's competitive market, it's important to both know and improve yourself. I want to help you put together a personalized action plan to do just that. So let's begin the process of discovering your strengths.
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.