Take a moment to reflect and write down ideas. What kind of living do you need to earn to live the lifestyle you want? What kind of downsizing could you do to cut down finances. Do you have a financial cushion? Do you have a side hustle to generate money?
- At this point, I want you to do a financial check-in with yourself. So go get your notebook or that document you keep on your computer and I'm going to ask you a few questions that I want you to take notes on 'cause you'll look at them later. So you don't have to know all the answers. Some of this is going to require a little more research later, probably going through some financial records. But let's just deal with this kind of on the top of your head right now. So the first question is, do you have a good handle on your finances? The second question is, do you have a side hustle or a money gig that is something you turn to as a way to earn extra income? The third is, is there some area in your life where you think you could downsize a bit or cut expenses? And the fourth is, have you thought about what it would take for you to live the kind of life you want to live in the next chapter? So think about those four things, write them down, and we'll take a look at them later.
- Identify the personally meaning behind the encore movement.
- Discover the essentials involved in exploring the possibilities of an encore career.
- Examine the benefits of volunteerism in a post professional career.
- Break down the positives to sharing your individual story on the business-oriented social media platform Linkedin.
- Identify the important fundamentals in networking and interviewing for an encore career in today’s business market.