Public speaking coach Laura Bergells wants you to feel inspired to deliver a knockout presentation. Get yourself pumped up to feel confident before your next speech or presentation.
- We've covered a number of techniques…that can help you become a more effective speaker.…And now it's time for you to take what you've learned…and put it into practice.…I often emphasize the importance…of developing confidence.…Your confidence will grow as you gain more experience.…Remember, you don't have to be perfect…when you present.…In fact, perfection is highly overrated.…A few mistakes here and there make you human.…So, if you've made a presentation misstep…go easy on yourself.…
A flub or two on delivery probably won't make…or break your career.…Instead, learn from your mistakes and move on.…Learning and growing from your experience…is exactly how you develop the confidence you need…to become an effective public speaker.…
- Describe the components of a great presentation.
- Identify your audience.
- Explain the main objective in a persuasive presentation.
- List basic vocal warm-up tips.
- Manage pre-performance anxiety.
- Identify effective ways to introduce your agenda.
- Describe common opening mistakes.
- Demonstrate effective body language.
- Identify indicators of helpful feedback.
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
Handling an Unruly Audiencewith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 10m Intermediate
1. Prepare Your Speech
2. Prepare for Your Speech
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.