Find out how to deliver a strong closing to your presentation. Public speaking coach Laura Bergells shares five powerful ways to close a speech or presentation.
- Think of the grand finale of a fireworks display.…There's absolutely nothing wimpy about it.…The ending offers a spectacular display…of firepower and drama.…And, that's the analogy I'd like you to think about…when it comes to closing your speech or presentation.…How can you close with a bang?…Let's examine five different closing techniques.…First, the speaker might choose a simple title close.…In this approach the presenter restates…or reframes the title.…
If I were giving a speech titled…Making Your Own Media,…I might close with the phrase,…"You can start making your own media today."…This is a title close…because I simply reframed the title.…Second, the speaker might choose to close…with a short summary of the speech.…For example, if my presentation…features three key takeaways,…I could close by reminding the audience…what those three points were.…I might close by saying,…"You have the tools, you have the technology,…"you have a unique point of view.…"You can start making your own media today."…Notice how I combined the summary close…
- Describe the components of a great presentation.
- Identify your audience.
- Explain the main objective in a persuasive presentation.
- List basic vocal warm-up tips.
- Manage pre-performance anxiety.
- Identify effective ways to introduce your agenda.
- Describe common opening mistakes.
- Demonstrate effective body language.
- Identify indicators of helpful feedback.
Skill Level Beginner
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speaking (2014)with Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 12m Intermediate
Handling an Unruly Audiencewith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 10m Intermediate
1. Prepare Your Speech
2. Prepare for Your Speech
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.