Join Dorie Clark for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Holding Yourself Accountable.
- If you have access to the exercise file for this course, you can download it now. Specifically, I've created a worksheet on how to eradicate the excuses that keep us from holding ourselves accountable. One of the many frustrating things about being human is that often we know what we should be doing, and yet somehow, we don't do it. We generate perfectly plausible-sounding but self-defeating excuses that get in our way, so we have to learn how to identify them and root them out before they can stymie our progress and hold our careers back.
Holding ourselves accountable is important, so it's worth making the effort to surmount those barriers. I encourage you to download the file and follow along as we go through the course. If you don't have access to the exercise files, no problem. You can still follow along with the instruction. Let's get started.
- Tapping into your motivation
- Prioritizing correctly
- Setting realistic expectations
- How to stop procrastinating
- Overcoming excuses
- Creating systems for success
- Picking yourself up after failure
- Choosing rewards that help support other healthy goals