Executive Management is responsible for everything the organization does. While many of the quantitative metrics they're responsible for reside in other parts of the value chain, they're directly responsible for many softer, qualitative measures. This team's effectiveness can be measured in terms of leadership, culture, associate engagement, and sustainability. You can also measure their quantitative performance based on stock price and the total return to shareholders.
- Executive management is responsible…for everything the organization does.…This function sits atop the entire value chain…as part of firm infrastructure.…While many of the quantitative metrics…they're responsible for are picked up…in other parts of the value chain,…executives are directly responsible…for some softer qualitative measures.…Organizational culture looks at the type of culture…the organization has, as well as how healthy it is.…
There are many culture surveys that can be used…to track this.…The best use of such surveys is to identify…improvement areas and spot negative trends…before they become issues.…Associate engagement gauges how much…associates are committed to their work,…and find meaning in it.…It measures the percentages of associates…who are actively engaged, engaged, disengaged,…and actively disengaged.…This measure gives you insight into dangerous trends…and identifies parts of your organization…where leadership is effective or ineffective.…
Sustainability measures track specific goals,…like energy efficiency, emissions, recycling,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Team performance measurement
- Evaluating the value chain
- Measuring product creation
- Measuring product manufacturing and delivery
- Measuring operations performance
- Measuring marketing and sales performance
- Measuring supporting and servicing your product
- Measuring company infrastructure function performance