Do you have a high-performance culture? High-performance cultures focus on results, and so should you. Get tips on how to build your own, plus hear how simplicity might be just what you need to create a culture of execution.
- As a manager, it's not what you know that matters,…it's the results you and your team produce that matter.…Bottom line, it's all about executing and producing results.…Help your team do that and you'll have a great career.…There are plenty of employees who manage…to make themselves look busy,…and then you wonder what they ever got done.…Busyness does not correlate with effectiveness,…and don't succumb to the thought that it does.…
This is true for you as it is for the employees you manage.…Both Circuit City and Best Buy…were affected by the economic downturn in 2009,…as well as from competition…from online retailers like Amazon.…Circuit City chose to cut its workforce in response,…whereas Best Buy maintained theirs…and reinvented how they approached work.…They implemented a results-only workplace environment,…what they called ROWE.…
Workers were given greater flexibility and autonomy…but were tethered down by the obligation to produce results.…This non-control-based approach is one reason why…Best Buy continues to thrive today,…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Determine the most efficient processes to use when selecting a new hire.
- Apply knowledge gathered from employee feedback to enhance overall efficiency.
- Identify an example of an appropriate workspace.
- Define “emotional quotient” and explain how it relates to employee performance.
- Recall effective strategies for addressing poor employee performance.
- List three benefits of using performance management tools.