Learn how to quickly establish the credibility needed to move others into action.
- Some managers believe credibility automatically comes…with the title of manager.…This isn't true,…and these same people are no longer in management.…Credibility is when we have the power to inspire belief.…People may believe…that you are technically or operationally sound,…but now that you're a manager,…you have to demonstrate that you have what it takes…to be an effective leader.…Your job on day one is to establish credibility.…
Failure to do so will result…in a long and tiresome uphill battle.…Let me share four ways you can establish credibility…with your team.…First, be yourself.…Don't try to emulate the exact style and personality…of the person whose job you are filling.…If you do, others will question your authenticity.…Instead, make a name for yourself…based on the skills and values you bring to the position.…
Second, be truthful.…The quickest way to lose credibility…is to be caught in a lie.…So why risk losing everything you've worked so hard to build…by making one avoidable mistake?…No one expects you to be perfect,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp