Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Effective weekly meetings, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, a really easy thing you can do…that's also really important…is to have a weekly team meeting with your team.…People sometimes have objections to this,…like they're geographically spread out,…or they're working tricky hours,…but somehow I think it's really important…to find a way to have this weekly meeting.…There are four main reasons why you must have the meeting,…first of all to retain a grip of what's going on.…The meeting should be just half an hour.…Each person maybe has five minutes…just to quickly say what they're doing that week,…what have they done since last week,…what have they got coming up, any major events.…
It allows you to keep a grip of what's happening…and to check that they've done…what they said they were going to do last week.…So, keeping a grip is the first reason…why you should have this short meeting.…Secondly, to make sure there's no overlap between people,…or that something hasn't fallen between the cracks.…If everybody says what they're doing,…it enables them to work much better as a team.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.