Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Effective delegation, part of Management: Top Tips.
- I think one of the things…that separates good bosses from bad bosses…is the ability to delegate.…Working for a boss who doesn't delegate anything…is really frustrating.…What tends to happen in the end…is that the boss becomes very busy…'cause they're trying to do everything themselves…and you end up waiting,…has this decision been made yet,…have we got an answer on that?…So, as a manager it's really important to delegate…as much as you can…and delegating's easy if it's something…that you don't really care about…or it's something that's their job anyway…but the real essence of delegate…is to give away part of your job,…something that's big and important…that you're doing and to give that…to somebody who works for you.…
Don't feel bad about giving them extra work…because they will enjoy it,…they will enjoy getting their teeth…into something big and meaty and interesting.…So, everything you're doing…you should be considering…is there somebody I could give this to…or if I can't give the whole thing to them,…can I give them part of it to do?…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.