Learn about how dress impacts their behavior and reputation at work as well as what they can do to improve their overall image.
- If you want to be treated like an authority figure,…you need to dress like one.…Whether you like it or not that's the truth.…It matters how you present yourself.…A Wall Street Journal article titled,…'Why Dressing for Success Leads to Success'…highlighted new research that shows…when workers wear nice clothes they achieve more.…According to the article, participants were placed…in simulated business meetings,…at which, subjects wore formal and more casual clothing.…
Those wearing nicer clothing demonstrated greater confidence…were perceived as more authoritative…and even showed an increase in their abstract thinking.…Okay, so before you place every article of clothing you own…into a box labeled 'Salvation Army Donation,'…consider the following:…first, dress for the job you want.…Clothes purchased from low-end retailers…may have been fine when you first started…but are they still serving you…as you move up the corporate ladder?…Look around your organization…and see how people are dressed in positions above you.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp