Understand that diversity and inclusion are defining issues in your career. Explore the major ways organizations are embracing this reality from metrics to training to behavioral modeling.
- Okay, here's the punchline,…diversity and inclusion will dominate…the rest of your career.…Not only are they linked to higher levels of performance,…but in some places, for example the United States,…they're linked to a seriously aging population.…So, as the so called Baby Boomers retire in massive numbers,…women, minorities, and young people…will take over leadership roles like never before.…Companies are of course working hard…to harness this reality.…They are carefully monitoring various diversity metrics…like never before.…
It's now common to see metrics addressing diversity…in terms of employee representation, recruitment,…staffing, training, and work place climate.…These advances give us many reasons to be excited.…For example, the rise of younger people…into leadership roles is interesting…because they're less entrenched in the status quo.…Women bring many well-studied advantages as leaders…such as superior skill in engaging and developing others.…And as lesser represented employees rise in the ranks,…
LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Establish identity as a manager.
- Identify best practices for clarifying performance expectations.
- List effective communication tips.
- Articulate the main elements of effective feedback.
- Define rapport.
- Distinguish types of decision-making styles.
- Signal fairness and integrity.
- Articulate how to best assert authority.