Join career psychologist Gemma Leigh Roberts to learn the main differences you’ll face as you take the leap from campus life to the world of work.
- Think back to a time when you started something new,…whether that be a school, job, or sports club.…If you could go back now and tell yourself what to expect,…what would you say?…Would you be able to point out the key differences…between the environment you were leaving behind…and the situation you were joining?…Everyone's journey into the world of work is different,…but there are key themes that occur for many graduates…starting out on their career path.…Gaining insight into some of these key differences…will give you a headstart…when it comes to building your professional career.…
Let's consider some of the key challenges…we see new graduates encounter.…The first change is moving…from a highly structured environment…to a working life that is full of ambiguity…about what needs to be done and when.…In a college or university environment,…your path is clearly set out from the start.…Your course is made up of a certain number of modules…completed over a set period of time.…You attend lectures following a clear timetable.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy