Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing executive presence, part of Building Business Relationships.
How you carry yourself and present yourself and…communicate are essential elements to commanding an executive presence.…When you are ready to fulfill an executive role in leadership,…I encourage you to follow these important guidelines to ensure your success.…Walk with purpose.…When you enter a room, meeting or event, you should enter with a good posture and…at a prompt and steady pace.…The way you carry your body can create tension or alleviate tension in a room.…
Use it with care.…Be sure to carry yourself with ease and confidence, and remember to…express an authentic smile, to lighten the mood before you start.…Look like an executive. Your physical appearance should represent how…you see yourself and run your organization.…Your look doesn't have to cost a lot of…money, but an investment in your presentation is worth it.…Show a little love.…Sometimes showing a little care can take you a long way and it can be as simple…as saying, hello or good morning to people as…you walk around the office or ride the elevator.…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.