Learn how to develop the skills needed to be an effective manager.
- There are managers, and then there are effective managers.…I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and make the assumption…that you'd like to be considered…one of the effective managers.…If you've been a manager for a bit,…you've likely already mastered some level…of the basic skills to function.…However, to be an effective manager,…you need to keep developing in certain ways.…Let me share some of the skills…you'll need to fine tune in order to…be considered a member of the effective manager club.…
First, communicating powerfully.…Have you ever noticed how when some people speak…everyone stops and listens?…That's because these people communicate powerfully.…They understand that language controls the conversation,…which is why they choose their words carefully.…They also never dumb down their language.…Think about this the next time…you need to address your team.…
Effective managers are great decision makers.…Managers are required to make decisions everyday.…Therefore, the sooner you get better at this, the better.…What I have found is that many leaders…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determine the best way to influence employee engagement.
- List three tactics used to increase employee commitment.
- Identify three ways to quickly build credibility.
- Name the four biggest challenges when managing former peers.
- Define “executive presence”.
- Recall three important considerations when assessing team members.