This video touches on the three foundational learning programs that are critical to helping employees develop the skills that help them meet business goals. Learn simple tips for building the right programs for your organization.
- US businesses spend more than 60 billion a year…in employee development.…That's a big number.…Unfortunately, studies show that many executives…question the return on that investment.…Business is changing and executives want employee…development programs that will help their company…keep up with industry changes, know the latest technology,…stay ahead of competitors, increase job satisfaction,…and attract new talent.…Let me show you the three foundational learning programs…that all companies need to put in place to help employees…develop while meeting business needs.…
The first is a leadership program.…Leaders need the skills to move the business forward,…so leadership programs should be designed to prepare…individuals for promotions and new assignments.…Start with a program that teaches common leadership skills…for all leaders in the organization,…then evaluate each leader's strengths and development areas,…and create a customized plan to meet their needs.…For example, if your business is going global,…you'll need programs to teach cross-cultural collaboration…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Building a successful talent management strategy
- Identifying talent needs and assessing existing talent
- Recruiting and hiring the right people
- Developing employees to meet talent needs
- Implementing a succession planning process
- Focusing on engagement and retention
- Increasing talent visibility
- Creating a strong HR and business partnership
- Designing a high-performance culture