- Choosing your communication channel
- Creating your communication message
- Arranging and holding a meeting
- Communicating your message effectively
- The psychology of receiving bad news
- Next steps after delivering bad news
- Reflecting to enhance communication skills
Skill Level Beginner
- Let's be honest, who really relishes in delivering bad news? Sure, there are some people that have learned to develop this skill. But for many of us, delivering bad news is an uncomfortable experience. But there's a way to make this process easier and less awkward. The first step is knowing how to deliver bad news effectively. And the second step is changing the way you think about delivering bad news.
So, create a more positive experience for you and the person hearing the news. Hello, I'm Gemma Leigh Roberts. I'm a Chartered Organizational Psychologist, an Executive Coach and Leadership Expert. In this course, I'll show you the key steps involved in preparing to deliver bad news, and how to conduct the meeting to get the best results whilst also avoiding common pitfalls.
I'll also cover what you need to do after the meeting to ensure the news you've delivered is used in a positive and constructive way. Expect practical tips, tried and tested methods, and a focus on putting what you learn into action. So, join me to learn how you can turn this process into a positive experience. Let's get started.