Learn practical strategies that can help you confidently deliver an outstanding speech or presentation.
- Public speaking, it's a great way to show your leadership and communication skills. You might be asked to lead a company meeting, or maybe teach a workshop or seminar. This LinkedIn learning course is designed to help you develop more confidence by reviewing powerful public speaking techniques. I'm Laura Bergells and I want to share with you the lessons I've learned in my career as a presentation coach, writer, and public speaking instructor. If you're a novice public speaker, you can use the tips in this course to help you craft and polish your next presentation.
And if you're already a savvy presenter, you know it's still a good idea to regularly review and practice the fundamentals. Let's discover, review, and practice the essential techniques that can make you an effective public speaker.
- Describe the components of a great presentation.
- Identify your audience.
- Explain the main objective in a persuasive presentation.
- List basic vocal warm-up tips.
- Manage pre-performance anxiety.
- Identify effective ways to introduce your agenda.
- Describe common opening mistakes.
- Demonstrate effective body language.
- Identify indicators of helpful feedback.