Learn what exactly managing up is, what it's not and how to start managing up today.
- Managing up may seem like a brand new idea,…but it's really been around for ages.…Here's what I mean when I talk about managing up.…Managing up is about learning how to work…within the confines of an organization…to get what you need, while helping your boss…and the organization meet their objectives.…It's about managing your boss so you can get…the resources you need for your people to be successful.…
It sounds so simple in theory, doesn't it?…It's the execution where many people stumble.…Well, I'm here today to help you swiftly and safely navigate…through the ups and downs of your world at work.…The key to mastering the art of managing up is…to place yourself in your boss's shoes.…You need to look at things from his perspective.…Then, ask yourself, how can I better serve my boss?…Is there work I can offer to take off my boss's desk…so he's freed up to work on higher level projects?…What steps can I take to improve…my working relationship with my boss?…Bottom line, think about what you can do…to make your boss look better in the eyes…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp