Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Dealing with procrastination, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Procrastination, which is putting things off,…is a real time management evil.…And that's because the things that we tend to put off…tend to be important things,…important, but not urgent things.…And they are absolutely the most…vital things we should be doing.…So it's important to think what am I putting off…and find a way to discipline yourself to get it done.…There are all sorts of little tricks you can use…to fool yourself into doing things,…like booking it into your diary…so you kind of have to do it…or just thinking what's the first step…and doing the first step.…
Or perhaps plunging in and getting started…and just doing that call.…Or maybe developing a habit where the first thing you do…when you come into work is just do the worst thing.…Or maybe getting somebody else to help you do it.…But one way or another, you need to develop…a technique where you overcome procrastination.…It's such a bad habit.…You have to find a way to overcome it.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.