Pivoting is a cycle, not a one-and-done linear process. In this video, learn about the launch stage. Learn about different types of internal launches, such as working abroad, rotation programs, and more.
- You've done all this great prep work…and maybe you've even started experimenting…and reaching out to others,…but how do you know when you're done piloting…and ready to go all-in on a new direction?…In other words, launch, the forth and final stage…of the pivot method.…It's important to note that some people…can be happy piloting for months if not years,…so there's no pressure to make a bigger change…unless that's what your pilots indicate.…Some bigger launch moments include changing teams,…moving to another country but staying in the same role,…pivoting departments within an organization,…or sometimes leaving for another company altogether,…though I always encourage people to do everything they can…to stay first.…
While piloting involves a series of…continual small experiments that provide information…about your next move, the launch stage is when…you make that big decision that completes your pivot.…These decisions don't have a guaranteed…successful outcome, though you will have reduced risk…throughout the pilot stage.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Optimizing your current role
- Identifying your strengths
- Crafting a one-year vision of success
- Making connections to "friendtors" and one-off mentors
- Creating a skill-building game plan
- Identifying small experiments and stretch projects
- Embracing smart risks
- Mapping next moves to make a greater impact