Discover how the work environment impacts performance. From equipment and seating to ventilation and lighting, see how it all impacts your bottom line. Plus, get five questions you can ask yourself today to start improving the work environment.
- It's important to understand that the working environment…is always communicating with us.…In fact, it's never not communicating…and it affects performance.…Let me share two stories with you.…The first story involves a large commercial printshop…in San Diego…where I helped do a financial turnaround.…They were not only going into bankruptcy,…their three working shifts were constantly…at odds with each other…about how they left the workplace for the next shift.…
When I arrived at the plant,…I couldn't help but notice how dirty the work area was.…When I asked the CFO about it,…he said that all print shops are like that.…I asked him, what if this became a clean print shop?…What distinctions would it create…in attitude and performance?…He went along with my suggestion…that we hire a contractor to come in…over a weekend and paint the entire shop.…We also brought in a cleaning crew.…
We encouraged employees to chip in with the effort…and offered to pay them overtime…and provide daycare on the premises.…By Monday morning, the print shop was clean as a whistle…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Clarifying goals and expectations
- Establishing a culture of execution
- Improving your work environment
- Key time management principles
- Managing remote workers
- Recognizing and rewarding employees
- Leveraging performance management tools