- List the primary components of strategy.
- Set and communicate strategic priorities.
- Define culture.
- Evaluate and run ideas in a prioritization process.
- Identify how to measure progress and performance.
- Explain how to maintain focus and eliminate distractions.
- Describe key processes for building a culture of strategy execution.
Skill Level Advanced
- A longtime colleague of mine always says, "Thoughts are nice, but actions matter." His words perfectly describe what it takes to successfully execute a strategy. I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director of thoughtLEADERS. I've worked with companies large and small on creating a strategy, and making it happen. The most successful companies I've seen are the ones that build a culture of strategy execution. In this course, I'll explain what it takes to build such a culture.
We'll review the links between strategy, culture and execution. We'll talk about the processes to allocate resources, set goals, and define and award incentives. Then we'll look at executing the plan, measuring progress, celebrating success, and developing the talent you need to make your plan a reality. We'll also look at how to overcome the challenges that arise when you're executing your strategy.
It takes deliberate effort to create a company culture focused on executing a strategy. So let's get started.