In this video gain an insight into the importance of focusing on facts and providing as much information as possible to avoid surprises when communicating. Use the Delivering Bad News Preparation Guide to help you prepare your message effectively.
- Effectively delivering bad news is all about the act…of communicating with someone else, right?…Actually, that statement is incorrect.…Delivering bad news effectively is actually…more about the preparation, rather than…the act of communicating your message.…Consider this video that you're watching.…It's easy to think the importance of the information…I'm sharing with you is all about how I stand here…and tell you what you need to know.…
To become a professional at delivering bad news.…In fact, that's only half the story.…The key in how I communicate what you need to know…about delivering bad news,…is in the preparation.…The scrips that are written, the exercises…that are chosen, the examples designed…to illustrate key points.…The downloadable files created to help you put…what you're learning into practice in the future.…Without that preparation,…I'd be standing here rambling,…with no order to what I say and when…and no supporting materials.…
Now, this is a fairly positive interaction.…Hopefully you want to be here learning this information.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing your communication channel
- Creating your communication message
- Arranging and holding a meeting
- Communicating your message effectively
- The psychology of receiving bad news
- Next steps after delivering bad news
- Reflecting to enhance communication skills