Based on the gap between where you are now and where you want to end up, how would it be most beneficial to grow? What classes might you take? What would make the biggest impact toward your one-year vision?
- As the saying goes,…give a man a fish, feed him for a day.…Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.…I vote we adjust the second directive to…teach a man, or woman, to teach himself how to fish,…feed him for a lifetime.…The most agile pivoters improve upon the learning…process itself so they can adjust quickly…as new technologies are introduced.…That's exactly what you're doing…by watching a course like this one.…In addition to acquiring new knowledge,…you can accelerate how quickly you spot skills…that are needed and how rapidly you learn them.…
While the Plant stage helped you identify strengths…already under your belt,…the next crucial part of Scanning…is looking at how you want to grow moving forward.…Consider your existing strengths and one-year vision…as you note what skills would be most beneficial…to develop in the coming year.…In the Exercise File reflect…what classes might you take?…What courses like this one are available to you?…What would make the biggest impact…toward your one-year vision?…What would take you the farthest toward that vision…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Optimizing your current role
- Identifying your strengths
- Crafting a one-year vision of success
- Making connections to "friendtors" and one-off mentors
- Creating a skill-building game plan
- Identifying small experiments and stretch projects
- Embracing smart risks
- Mapping next moves to make a greater impact