- Defining roles and commitments
- Managing conflict
- Establishing and maintaining trust
- Creating a shared vision and focusing on objectives
- Providing feedback
- Structuring time for reflection
- Holding teammates accountable
- Communicating in face-to-face and virtual meetings
- Communicating across job functions and across cultures
Skill Level Beginner
You've probably heard that TEAM stands for Together Everyone Achieves More. It sounds nice, but unfortunately, it isn't always true. The reality is that most teams underperform their potential. I'm Dr. Daisy Lovelace, and in my role as a business school professor and corporate consultant, I've seen my fair share of dysfunctional teams. Most of their struggles were linked to poor communication. The good news is that by focusing on strong communication, you can make sure that your team functions at an optimal level.
This course will walk you through how to start your team on a solid foundation by creating a team charter. I'll also introduce you to the communication processes of high performing teams and share best practices for communicating within your team in different settings. Whether you're leading a newly formed team or working with a team that's been in place for some time, by improving your communication, you'll ultimately improve your team's performance. Let's get started.