- The four building blocks of great communication
- Socializing strategically in professional settings
- Running effective meetings
- Sending professional email
- Explaining complex concepts
- Advising others
- Making requests
- Being caught off guard
- Presenting to executives
Skill Level Beginner
- Legendary businessman, Warren Buffet, once told a group of MBA students that communication was the one skill he wished he had learned more about while he was in college, because communication improves the value you bring to your company. Hello, I'm Brenda Bailey-Hughes, and you'll meet my colleague, Tatiana Kolovou, in another video. She and I teach communication at a nationally-ranked business school, and we have a communication tips video in the LinkedIn Learning library with over two million hits.
We also own a training and coaching firm specializing in improving the communication skills of working professionals just like you. We're delighted to share our favorite topic with you today, and it's not just our favorite topic. Communication is one of the most crucial skills for your career success. In a recent survey of recruiters, communication competency was cited as the single most decisive factor in choosing managers. If you're looking to advance your career, this is a great course for you.