Receive tips for managing the logistics and your appearance in video conference calls to help you and your team get the most out of your virtual meetings.
- If you've noticed people have trouble paying attention…in face-to-face meetings, you'll find it…even more challenging in virtual meetings.…When you think about the important information…you need to convey during these meetings,…it's scary to think about what gets lost in cyberspace.…The good news is, there are things you can do…to improve communication in your virtual team meetings.…In addition to sharing the meetings agenda in advance,…consider what, if any, visuals may help…your participants understand the material being discussed.…
If you're leading the meeting,…try to initiate the call early.…This will give you a chance to confirm…any visuals you're using are loading properly…and that all your technology is working as it should.…You can use this time to check to see…how you appear on camera before the meeting starts.…Is the background neat and tidy, or cluttered?…Everything the camera projects…will influence what your teammates see.…That's why it's very important to think about…how you will project to your audience,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining roles and commitments
- Managing conflict
- Establishing and maintaining trust
- Creating a shared vision and focusing on objectives
- Providing feedback
- Structuring time for reflection
- Holding teammates accountable
- Communicating in face-to-face and virtual meetings
- Communicating across job functions and across cultures