Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating effectively, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Good bosses and good leaders…are good communicators, they have…to be good communicators.…And communication isn't something…that's completely built-in, it's something…that you can work on and make an effort towards.…And it's worth using every method…of communication that you can.…So as well as emailing people, have a weekly meeting…with your team, definitely.…Have a once a year talk to the whole workforce…on, this is what's happened this year,…this is what we plan for next year.…
And above all, do some management by walking about.…I would recommend every day,…spend between half an hour and a whole hour just…walking around, just chatting to people,…seeing how they are.…And this is a two-way process.…So it's partly you telling them what you're working on,…interesting events that are coming up,…that kind of thing.…But it's mainly you asking them how they feel,…do they know what's going on, are they happy,…are there any problems?…Just taking the temperature, management walking…about very, very important.…If you think of the captain of a ship,…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.