Join Gemma to learn how collecting feedback from others will enable you to create a continuous development process and enhance your emotional intelligence.
- Have you ever wondered how others view…and think about you?…It's something that I've thought about a thousand times.…And I'll be honest, it always really intrigues me…to find out how others view me.…For example, I'm always hopeful that when I'm coaching…I'll come across as positive and supportive,…even when I'm really challenging my clients.…But I often have to check in with the other person…to make sure that's the case.…There have been times where I've had to adjust my approach…based on how they perceive what I'm saying…and my intentions.…
The only way to truly understand how others perceive you…is to get their insight…and I understand how difficult that is.…Sometimes it's more comfortable to live in a bubble…of not asking for feedback.…We can fear how others may perceive us,…which, in turn, can play into our emotional reactions.…Being emotionally flexible, however,…means being able to listen to feedback…and appreciate the points of view…without being overly self-critical or defensive.…
Gathering feedback on yourself is one…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact