- In this section we looked at the value…of expanding your perspective as a leader.…Developing more strategic scope, thinking innovatively,…and improving the quality of your decision-making.…Not having these skills became a big hurdle…for one of my clients named Bob.…Bob had been a manager…at a manufacturing company for six years.…He had tremendous experience and industry knowledge,…a great reputation, stellar performance reviews,…but he couldn't figure out why he kept…getting passed over for the director position.…
That's when he reached out to me for some career coaching.…He said, I feel like I'm doing all the right things.…I'm staying up to date on my training and certifications,…and my department is always being recognized…for minimal down time and on-target results.…So that's when I asked Bob to tell me what he did each day.…He said, well, I spend time on the floor with my team,…answer a lot of questions, work with vendors…and repair technicians, and I go to some meetings.…That prompted me to ask, okay, so what do you think…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Looking and sounding like a leader
- Increasing your emotional intelligence
- Becoming a thought leader
- Expanding your strategic scope
- Viewing challenges with a fresh lens
- Improving your decision-making skills
- Cultivating conditions for team success
- Building meaningful connections