LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List three strategies to assess an individual for coachability.
- Identify the essential elements of a coaching contract.
- Recall the three levels of accountability.
- Distinguish among the three levels of listening.
- Summarize strategies for coaching a low-performance employee.
- Summarize strategies for coaching a high-performance employee.
Skill Level Intermediate
- As people managers, let's face it, you are constantly challenged by limited time and resources on one hand, and a never-ending demand for results on the other. You got to hit your targets, inspire your people to do the same, and manage to get it all done, even when strategy changes and new projects are added to your plate. So, I'm going to guess that the reason you're watching this course is that you're already committed to coaching as a people development practice. That is great.
And now, you're looking for strategies to turn up the heat on your result, and the time it takes to get them. Hi, my name is Lisa Gates, and I'm an executive coach and negotiation consultant. And this course is designed to put those strategies in your pocket. To do that, I'm going to be focusing on three types of coaches. People who need to improve their performance, people who are working on career development, and people who are high performers. They all have unique strengths and unique challenges.
And as you probably noticed with your own people, things can get messy from time to time. So, in the scenarios included in this course, you'll need a coach who challenges her people to move through and pass that messiness. Things like bad customer service, making hard career choices, and navigating conflict with difficult people. We'll also take a look at assessing coachability, so you spend your time with the right people. We'll explore how to raise the stakes around accountability, and how to use high level listening and intuition.
All of it geared toward driving performance and results. Join me.