- Define coaching.
- Describe the foundation for successful coaching.
- Explain how to coach someone who is older than you.
- Articulate how to coach someone who makes excuses.
- Identify how to coach poor performers or bad communicators.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Have you ever been in an uncomfortable situation with one of your employees and been uncertain how to handle it? - Well, in this course, we're going to show you how to coach your employees through a variety of different situations. - Especially the uncomfortable ones. I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. We work with organizations all over the world to help leaders increase engagement, performance, and success in their teams. - Throughout this course, we'll be role playing the most challenging coaching scenarios that we see in the field.
- [Elizabeth] Things like coaching the person who didn't get promoted or the not so great performer you inherited, and the person who can't take a critique. - [Lisa] We're going to role play these scenarios and then break them down to teach you techniques you can use with your team. - We'll also cover the situations where you might need to bring in someone else. - As a leader, you're only as good as your team. Your ability as a coach is the difference between you having an average team... - And creating an exceptional team.
Difficult situations are, well, just that, difficult. - That's why we want to help you navigate them. - Join us as we show you how to coach your employees through difficult situations.