Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Closing the sale later, part of Management: Top Tips.
- What if you don't make the sale? What if a customer says, "I need to talk to my boss." Or "I need to think about it." Something like that. Well that's probably a sign that there's an objection that you didn't discover. And it could be worth trying one more time to find out what that is and saying to them, is there anything that worries you? Is there something else I need to answer or tell you about? But if you really can't make the sale there and then and they insist on thinking about it, then the key is to keep in touch with them and to keep the next action with you.
So if they say, "I'll think about it for a week "and then I'll phone you." That's no good. You need permission to phone them. So you need to say, "Well, I'm out of the office a lot "and things, so shall I give you a call? "Maybe next Monday or Tuesday?" And what if they say, "No, no, it's okay. "I need to talk to my boss and then call you." At least say to them, "Well if anything new comes up "or the price changes shall I call you?" And if they say yes you've now got permission to call them. 'Cause you don't want to be chasing after them, nagging them, you need permission to call them. And then you can say, "I'm calling you as promised." So always keep the next action with you, even if they promise that they're going to call you.
If they say, "No, no, I'll definitely phone you next week." don't agree to that, because they probably won't. Something will happen, something will change. So always keep the next action with you, and that's really important.
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.