Culture needs constant reinforcement because it is nothing more than the sum of our daily actions. You'll need to communicate about the culture through different channels with different content. This requires a content management strategy. Using vehicles like town halls, blogs, newsletters, conference calls, and emails require deliberate management to ensure you're delivering the right content through the right channel.
- Culture needs constant reinforcement,…because it's nothing more…than the sum of your daily actions.…You'll need to communicate the culture…through different channels with different content.…This requires a Content Management Strategy.…This isn't something you just farm out…to corporate communications.…Senior leadership needs to be an integral content source.…They have to speak with an authentic voice.…Vehicles like Town halls, Blogs, Newsletters,…Conference calls, and Emails,…require deliberate management to ensure you're delivering…the right content through the right channel.…
One organization has regular town halls…with their senior leaders.…Those senior leaders show up every single quarter…and talk about the culture of the organization.…They make frequent internal website updates.…They have an email newsletter…that goes out to all associates.…And once a quarter,…they have a President's Plate award ceremony,…where people receive an award,…but part of that award is directly linked…to the culture they're trying to build.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.