Compare your personal work with 360-degree feedback and finalize your list of loves.
- Now it's time to determine your loves,…the kind of work you're most passionate about.…At this point, you should have filled in your answers…in the Loves Discovery Worksheet,…and at least one other person has completed…their worksheet about you.…Let's return to the first page…of the Loves Discovery Worksheet.…There are two places that we skipped before…that we're going to cover now:…the Both column and the Multiple Mentions section.…The Both column is where you indicate…that someone other than you also mentioned…the same love in their worksheet.…
For instance, if I said that I loved analyzing…the numbers, and someone else mentioned…my desire to talk about baseball stats…when they completed the 360-degree worksheet,…then I'm going to put a checkmark there.…A checkmark here means that both you…and someone else agree that it's a love…which means you're on the right track.…Continue through each of the questions,…looking for anytime both you and someone else agreed…something was a love for you.…
Now it's time to complete the Multiple Mentions section…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.