Learn how to infuse the mentality of managing for change into every person in the organization so they are flexible and adaptive.
- What if you didn't actually have to lead change?…What if your organization was continually adaptive?…What if the ability to change was infused deeply…into the culture of your organization?…That's not some kind of dream.…Companies like Asana,…the team collaboration software company,…manage the entire organization for four months…in sprints they call chapters.…Then they stop for a week to completely revamp…their strategic and tactical plans,…ensuring the organization can continually adjust…to a constantly changing business landscape.…
And companies like Valve Software…organize their activities without any managers at all.…Workers in the organization are perpetually collaborating…to determine where the organization should focus.…If you don't believe me, look online.…Their employee manual is available to the public.…So, how could your organization operate…if it embraced the fact that change equals management.…Your HR or learning department…would transform itself into a people department.…Human resources sounds to me like it's a thing,…
- Recall the benefits of using personal power to lead in a flat organization.
- Name the main tactic of the opponents of change.
- Determine when a top-down approach to leading change is appropriate.
- List the two elements present in a team that is proficient at change.
- Identify the most important capability when considering a candidate for a position on an innovative team.
- Define “responsible change.”
- Recognize the appropriate time to encourage 10x thinking.