Having a good process to manage change is wonderful, but not enough. The team needs to see you embracing the change personally before they will believe in its importance and follow your lead.
- Mahatma Gandhi and many others have shared versions…of this idea.…Be the change you wish to see in the world.…The idea is simple. When you legitimately change…or adopt a change, others change their reaction to you…and in fact are far more likely…to also change in the same way.…The way we say it today is that leaders model the way.…We don't just espouse needed change.…To the best of our ability,…we actually enact the change ourselves…to help show others the way.…
Gone are the days we bark orders.…Instead, we lead by example.…Only when others see you adopting and believe…that you're onboard will they follow suit.…In terms of managing change, this is huge.…You can follow a process approach to change management…such as the one mentioned in the prior section…of this course, but that's really not enough.…I could talk about the need to show great support…for those affected by the change.…That takes the form of finding successful early adopters,…thanking them, and sharing their success with others.…
I could also talk about providing adequate resources…
LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Establish identity as a manager.
- Identify best practices for clarifying performance expectations.
- List effective communication tips.
- Articulate the main elements of effective feedback.
- Define rapport.
- Distinguish types of decision-making styles.
- Signal fairness and integrity.
- Articulate how to best assert authority.